Box mini album step-by-step tutorial
I got so many positive feedback on my Hello Fall mini album. I am glad you like it so much. :)
Because of the big interest I made this step-by-step tutorial for the box mini album. The original idea of the album is from Anna Komenda. It is not so easy and not even fast but I believe it is worth the time and energy. (Before you start please read all the steps carefully.) Are you ready? Let's start! ;-)
You can find Anna's video here and down my photo tutorial.
1. You need chipboard (strong cardboard) and basic cardstock in the following sizes:
2. And patterned paper to cover inside and outside the album "skeleton". I used Pink Paislee Atlas papers.
3. Start to set together the album base. Connect the chipboard pieces with the basic cardstock scraps. Leave between them 1/8".
4. Repeat on the other side. Use a bone folder to score the basic cardstock on the meeting points and fold the sides.
6. For inside pages you need double sided pattern papers. If you don't have them, don't worry, make it!;-)
7. These are the innermost pages. Trim the patterned papers to the following sizes and fold them.
8. Glue them together in the middle. Outside is the bigger strip.
9. Now let's make the two pockets. You need two papers, they don't need to be double sided.
10. Score them on the marked points.
11. Fold them and cut off the unnecessary part. Glue together and the pockets are ready.
12. Glue the pocket to the previous pages. On the right side is the bigger!!!
13. Now it has to look like this. :)
14. Trim your paper. Score and fold it on the marked points.
17. Cut out the window and glue on the shaker pocket.
18. Glue the strip together and connect to the others.
This video may help you to understand how the album works and opens. Or watch Anna Komenda process video.