Always...

2015/09/16

Perhaps I already said that although I really like to document the actual memories in a mini-album or on a scrapbook layout, I have place in my heart for old photos to add them a new "dress". Although the scrapbook etiquette (if any exists) would require any vintage or shabby garnish , I more see the challenge to get a modern look without any aged paper, lace, beige, brown and off-white colors.


So it was with that portrait photo too, which was taken once about my grandmother. I knew immediately that Kaisercraft Oh so lovely paper will fit the best. The handwriting paper reminds me to her writing, the pink paper on the side reminds me of on old wallpaper on a saloon wall, the lace pattern reminds of a fine lace collar on a beautiful dress. With the frames I wanted to give an effect as in a portion of my ancestors hall. The white and pink paper flowers give femininity, subtlety and purity, pearls give some dignitaries to the total picture. My Grandmother was a modest woman, I doubt she would have had a lot of beautiful, expensive things, so in my own way I wanted to give her all the beauty. :-)

With the title there was a little trouble because I would like to complet it. ... like always: nice / young / with us / remember you... then I concluded that everyone should finish it the way he likes, depengin on what the layout tells/means to him.
I loved to prepare the layout, for me it was a real time travel.

###

Magyarul a ScrapBolt blogon olvashatod.


And the details...






Post a Comment