5 Reasons To Make A String Tie Envelope Mini Album

2019/08/03

Hi Girls! I have always loved string-tie envelopes. They are so adorable and love to open them with spinning the embroidery floss. They can be used so many ways, why not to make a mini album with them? I found a super cool cut file by Lori Whitlock on Silhouette Design store and made in an hour this lovely album what can be a great handmade gift. If you are still not convinced, read my 5 Reasons To Make A String Tie Envelope Mini Album. I guarantee, in the end, you will die to make one!


#1 Easy, Fast and Super Cute


As I mentioned I made in one hour my mini album. I have used a cut file and Silhouette Cameo die cutting machine to cut out the base. You can say, but I don't own this kind of machine. No worries! You can still use We R Memory Keepers Pocket Punch Board or a template (drow around an old envelope or download a template). You basically only need to...
  1. assemble the envelopes and box 
  2. decorate the covers fill them up with goodies.

First, I cut out the string tie envelopes with die cut machine, I have added reinforcements and I fixed the wholes with tiny white eyelets. Then, I added a string of coral embroidery floss to hold together the envelopes. I have decorated the covers with stickers from 6x12 Cardstock Sticker Sheet, Clear Sticker Book, and 12x12 Chipboard StickerSheet.


#2 Foolproof Format

There is no way to ruin this project. I know, some mini album tutorials can be complicated especially if you are a beginner. With this album, you don't need to be extremely precise. Just glue together the pieces what you cut out from pretty scrapbooking patterned papers. If you wonder what papers I have used, here is the list. They are all from Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes Heritage collection:


#3 Store Photos and More


You may wonder ok but what to put in these cute envelopes? Well, the list is long. You can add photos, handwritten letters, tags with journaling, tickets, flyers, dried flowers and leaves, tiny mini albums, bits & pieces. Do you have any other ideas? Leave a comment and write me what would you add into the envelopes!


#4 Expandable and Alterable


You can always make changes, add new photos, insert more envelopes in. That's why this album can work great as a personalized gift. Make the base, decorate and let your loved ones to fill it up!


#5 Diverse and Interactive


These envelopes are like individual surprises. Hide different elements in them. Look! I have created a tiny accordion mini book and slip it in the envelope. Make sure to use flat stickers and embellishments, else you can have problems storing puffy envelopes in the box. 


So, what do you think? I can't wait to see what you create! Don't forget to share it on Instagram and tag me (@floramfarkas). I love to see your take on and know my inspirations are useful!

Supplies: 

Post a Comment