Meeting Maggie Holmes - Crate Paper

2017/02/23


Hello! I am back with a new scrapbook layout made with Crate Paper products. Today, I would like to share with you a very special photo what I documented. I was extremely lucky to meet Maggie Holmes in January on the CHA. What else could I use for this photo then her newest collection, Chasing Dreams.


I was thinking a lot which paper to use as a background, but in the end I decided Portrait paper. This busy contrasty paper is out of my comfort zone but I really wanted to try.


I needed big colorful elements to compensate the monochrome background so I fussy cut many flowers from the Garden Club paper. I arranged them around a photo to drive the eyes to the focal point. I mainly adhered the flowers with foam tape which gives depth to the layout.


One of the fussy-cuttable paper is Monarch. I cut out two bluish butterflies as also the photo contains blue, so needed to add some.

For embellishing I used the cute parrot with bird cage what is my favourite from the Chipboard Sheet. I also scattered Vintage Buttons on the page. They also helped me to create the visual triangle. I couldn’t resist to add a bit of gold on my project, but this time I was low-key. I must tell you that I added the puffy textil heart in the last moment (while I was taking photos of the page), but I am very satisfied with my decision.


These days I don’t write long journaling but this project is an exception. I chose one of the empty frame under to photo to keep my thoughts.

Supplies:

Post a Comment