Secret Garden - Crate Paper

2017/04/17

Hi there! I am back with a new 12x12 scrapbook layout. Spring is here so I decided to create a spring themed project. I gathered all the cute embellishments from Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection and brought to life a "secret garden” scene.


To begin, I chose the pretty My Darling floral paper as the upper background. For the bottom I used the Delightful paper, which has a neutral pattern. This helps to against the busy pattern. After I trimmed the papers I placed many Thicker frames on the their meeting point along with the photo. I know my photo is not the best, but this is what I found about me and my Mom. Sometimes not the perfect smile matters, just the feelings and memories.


Then, the fun part began. I backed all of the frames with different papers. I added all the cute animals, like bunny, butterfly and swan from Sticker and Thicker sheet. I also scattered couple of Vintage Buttons and Phrase Stickers around the page. I tried to collect all the elements what can fit to my "secret garden” theme.


On these project I used up two of my favorite Chipboards. I am thinking of the gorgeous flowers and the books. It’s always a hard question what to do with the favourite elements from a collection. Hoard them or use them? I decided not to save them anymore, as with every new collection new favourites will come. Where else could be their best place but on my layouts?


Chasing Dreams gave me so many stunning material to document my favourite spring memories. No wonder I am in love with every single piece. I hope you will also have a chance to play with these beauties and create pretty new projects! Flóra


Post a Comment