Cross stitching and scrapbooking - Paige Evans

2017/03/24

Hi girls! I haven’t made cross stitching in a long time so I thought it’s high time to spend few hours with colorful threads and relax. I created this layout about my mom using the Oh My Heart collection. The title is in Hungarian and it means "mom knows everything". I am super lucky to have such a strong relationship with her. She is my best friend and she really knows everything and solves everything and listens to everything and helps me anytime.


First I chose the font from one of my cross stitch pattern books and oversized the letters on a squared paper. I placed the pattern on Take Me Away Paper 14 which is almost white but has a light background pattern with crosses - perfect for cross stitching! Then I poked the holes. I matched the color of the threads with Oh My Heart Paper 21. This is such an awesome paper but can be hard to use as is so I cut out a circle from the middle. The paper harmonizes with the message of my page and I love this so much. 


Once the cross stitching was finished I adhered my photo over the title and embellished the layout with Oh My Heart Chipboard Stickers, Ephemera Die Cuts, Puffy Stickers, and elements from the Sticker Book



I even completed some of the cross stitch pattern from Take Me Away Paper 14 and added it as a DIY floral embellishment.


I am so satisfied with the happy result! This page means a lot to me. I am happy to spend so much time with the cross stitching, maybe it’s a way to show my love to my mom. She used to stitch and embroider so I know she will appreciate it. 

Supplies:

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope I could inspire you to add some stitching to your next projects!
Flóra

1 comment

  1. Nagyon-nagyon gyönyörű... És az érzés, ami benne/mögötte van... ❤️

    ReplyDelete